Welcome Sisters and Brothers, to the IBEW Canada website, meant as a way to let Canadians know exactly what IBEW stands for, what sectors we work in and what benefits our skills and experiences bring, everyday to every City, Town and Borough across this country.
As much as you are there to help keep Canada running and growing, IBEW Canada is there for all of you. Please take a look around the site to learn more, and check back often for updates.
The objectives of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers are:
- To organize all workers in the entire electrical industry across Canada, including all those in public utilities and electrical manufacturing, into local unions;
- To promote reasonable methods of work;
- To cultivate feelings of friendship among those of our industry;
- To settle all disputes between employers and employees by arbitration (if possible);
- To assist each other in sickness or distress;
- To secure employment;
- To reduce the hours of daily labour;
- To secure adequate pay for our work;
- To seek a higher and higher standard of living;
- To seek security for the individual;
- And, by legal and proper means, to elevate the moral, intellectual, and social conditions of our members, their families, and dependents, in the interest of a higher standard of citizenship.